Popular Ordering Links:
Popular Pre-Ordering Links:
July 27, 2014
My first several jobs in Washington, DC, involved working for companies who lived off of federal contracts. When I went to law school, I focused on "procurement law," or the business of spending the taxpayers' money on competitive contracts. "Full and open competition...
Continue reading →
July 27, 2014
• The RITA awards are in! The Romance Writers of America has announced the winners for this year in each category, and you can scroll down and read the list here. These books are chosen by romance authors as the best of best in each category. Sarah MacLean took top honors in the historical category, so if you're looking for a new author to try, you might want to start with her No Good Duke Goes Unpunished.
• I'm still collecting email addresses for the inaugural Grace Notes newsletter for aspiring authors. I expect this will come out monthly (starting August), and deal with craft issues, resources for writers, lessons learned, and industry workings. Fair warning: I love to write about writing--about writing too! If you'd like to get on this mailing list, email me at: graceburroweswrites@gmail. com.
• The Traitor is due out August 5, and I'm already on the edge of my writer's seat for this middle book of The Captive Hearts trilogy. I got so lucky with this book--the characters, the story, the writing. It all came together, and with apologies to Gilly and Christian, I think The Traitor is BETTER than The Captive (though I still like the cover of The Captive best).
July 19, 2014
• I'm hard at work on a Frequently Asked Questions section to be added to the website later this year. If a question has been bugging you (besides the combined reading order for the Lonelys and the Windhams!), then feel free to send me an email here.
• I've also been asked about starting a newsletter for folks who aspire to published authordom. I'm ALWAYS happy to help other writers, and would enjoy this project if enough people were interested. If you'd like sign up for such a newsletter, please email me here, and when I have 25 names, we'll get started.